If you are experiencing financial difficulties we may be able to help. Mrs Smith (Headteacher) and Mrs Munson (School Business Manager) are always available to discuss in confidence any issues you have with regard to finance.
All children in the Reception class and Years 1 and 2 are entitled to free school meals.
Free School Meals eligibility: Reception- Year 6
Your child may be able to get free school meals and also may qualify for remission of music tuition fees, support with buying school uniform and the costs of trips, if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- in full-time education
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
Apply online at www.hertsdirect.org/freeschoolmeals or phone 0300 123 4048